Friday, September 25, 2015

Eclipse progress

I had thought I would wait until I was able to process the video from each step I've taken before posting, but now I remember that to keep an audience, you can't go for a month without any updates. So I now plan on posting updates whenever I complete something, hopefully including pics, then posting how to / progress videos as I process them.
Over the last month, I did pull the motor, bagging all the components as I removed everything.  Seeing as how this is my first motor rebuild, I'm taking it slow and being thorough. I've spent the most time on the head so far, cleaning it, inspecting it, and doing a stage 1 port job.  I think over the next week or so I will go ahead and polish it while it's out.  Luckily, everything is in spec so I don't have to have any machining done to it (other than my own).
I have to give a big shout of thanks to Jafromobile on YouTube, as his videos have been invaluable and fascinating.
Sorry for the slow progress, but as a father of 2 active high school girls, a 10 year old son, and a wonderful wife with medical issues (hopefully soon to be fixed), things progress more sluggishly than I'd like.
Tonight when I get home I'll post a few pics of my progress so far.

No comments: