Friday, February 23, 2007

First day that needs a decision

I have mixed feelings about chasing today. Every year, we all go through the same process: we're anxious about the start of the season, so we chase systems that we probably shouldn't chase. The SPC is a little overly excited about today/tonight. A 15% and hatched area for tornados? I'm not so sure about that. The cloud cover is a big player for me today. If we get enough daytime heating, this could be a fun late afternoon. That's a big if. But it is the first potent storm system to come through OK this year, and it's hard not to get out there, if nothing else, just to get back into the swing of things. But still, the thought of chasing fast moving storms in a cloud covered environment doesn't thrill me much. Sigh.
My target right now if I do go out will be somewhere just north of Elk City. Best combination of all ingredients. I'll wait to early afternoon to make my decision.

No comments: